[Mpc-discuss] configure issue with EGREP in mpc-0.9

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 21 13:26:32 CET 2011

I am having a small issue with building shared libraries in mpc-0.9.
Here is the relevant configure output:

checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... ./configure: line 8413: : supported targets:.* elf: command
not found
no

Looking into this, $EGREP does not appear to get defined during
configure (only fgrep is checked for).

Using "EGREP=egrep ./configure" results in the shared libraries being built.

Let me know if you would like any additional configure output.

Cheers,
Allan