[Cado-nfs-discuss] Using GPU in Sieving Step

hamid reza arkian hamid.arkian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:06:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

I tried GMP-ECM project (the branch that is currently under active
development for GPU devices) on a GPU cluster and got good results.
I want to replace ecm part of sieving step in CADO-NFS with GMP-ECM(that
support GPU), but I have the following questions:

- Basically, it's a good idea or not?
- Is the GMP-ECM faster than ecm part of CADO-NFS? and if so, why the
developers don't do this replacement,yet?
In addition, if all things is OK and it's a good idea, it would be pleasure
if you give me some tips and points before doing that.

Thanks in advance,
Hamid

**<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.wordreference.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D876286&ei=Gr0gUKesMMHAhAft54FA&usg=AFQjCNEcR4qfiR7TuAEY4McIjn1d-sZR9g>