[Cado-nfs-discuss] how to configure mach_desc

Pierrick Gaudry pierrick.gaudry at loria.fr
Sun Jun 23 09:37:29 CEST 2013

Dear Meng,

Assuming the name of the two nodes you want to use are
  foo1
  foo2
then you can have the following in your mach_desc:

[mycluster]
tmpdir=/tmp                  <- to be adjusted !!!
bindir=/path/to/cado/build   <- to be adjusted !!!
mpi=1
cores=12
  foo1
  foo2

The "section" notion in the mach_desc file is just a way to group
machines that have the same set of parameters. Nothing more clever.  In
particular, the choice of the name of the section is just for the human
who reads the file.

Please remember however that if you want the cadofactor.pl script to use
these machines, you should have an ssh access to them (and configured
correctly so that you don't need to type passwords).

Also, Alex Kruppa is currently rewriting the main script. The format for
the file equivalent to mach_desc will slightly change in the near future.

Regards,
Pierrick