[Cado-nfs-discuss] CADO2.0 fails when factoring RSA600+

Bin Hu hubinnibuh1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 04:15:30 CEST 2014

Dear developers
Cadonfs is terrific for my learning IF. My Cado works very well for RSA512
and smaller, but for RSA600+, it always stucks in the gather phase of BWC,
saying“no solution found, most probably a bug”. The compiler I use is GCC
4.8.1 with mvapich2. Is there some additional configuration that I need to
do before compiling cado for such large integer, other than simply changing
the first two 32 to 64 in utils/typedef.hand make (thats what I did)? I
also googled this bug and found this thread:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/cado-nfs-ci-reports/2013-May/000524.html,
is it due to the same kind of problem?

Regards

Bin