[Cado-nfs-discuss] Latest git fails make test

Alexander Kruppa alexander.kruppa at inria.fr
Tue Aug 5 13:11:54 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Raphaël Rigo" <ml-cado at syscall.eu>
> To: "Emmanuel Thomé" <emmanuel.thome at gmail.com>
> Cc: cado-nfs-discuss at lists.gforge.inria.fr
>
> Interestingly, I reran "make check" instead of "make test" :
> 100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 102
>
> Raphaël

This is by design. Unfortunately, CTest does not allow adding build dependencies that are not themselves tests. Some tests require that some binaries are built first which are not part of the "all" target. The usual work-around is to introduce the "check" target which builds all required binaries, and then runs the "test" target.

TLDR; don't do "make test", do "make check"

Alex