[Cado-nfs-discuss] Lingen solution not found

Zimmermann Paul Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Wed Jul 9 20:45:49 CEST 2014

       Dear Eran,

> Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:59:00 +0300
> From: New Name <soundcheck2014 at gmail.com>
>
> Hi,
> We've been using CADO-NFS to factor a large number (640 bit), finally
> reached the lingen subphase of the Linear Algebra phase but we got an error
> - "no solution found". Are there any known issues which could cause this?
> Notable issues in our run so far:
> - We're using the default c204 params file even though the number is a bit
> smaller (196 digits) as there is no 196 digit param file.

this should not be a problem.

> - Are there any issues in lingen when lpbr>32 ? Should we have used non
> default parameters?

no, we already used a large prime bound of 2^33 for RSA-704 for example.

> - We had to resume the krylov sub phase a few times.

my guess is that one of the checkpoints was corrupted. Usually this is
due to a full disk.

> Any help would be wonderful,
> Eran

please can you send us the full *.log file, and the *bwc*stdout and
*bwc*stderr files? Also which version of CADO-NFS are you using?

Best regards,
Paul Zimmermann