[Cado-nfs-discuss] getting rid of Y

Alexander Kruppa alexander.kruppa at inria.fr
Mon Oct 20 15:15:25 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----

[...copy-pasting my reply...]

The reason we chose that format was to be compatible with the GGNFS and Msieve programs. We chose the relation file format for the same reason.
I don't particularly like the polynomial file format, either, but I do see some value in easy file interchange between different factorization tools.
However, we'll have to come up with something new for polynomial files with more than 2 polynomials, so we could well use the format you describe.

Alex