[Cado-nfs-discuss] change of semantics of -admin and -incr

Zimmermann Paul Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Tue Sep 9 08:56:28 CEST 2014

       Hi,

I propose the following change in polyselect2l.

Currently with -admin admin -incr incr, we start with the smallest leading
coefficient ad for the algebraic polynomial which is >= admin and multiple of
incr.

I propose to only require ad >= admin.

As a consequence, we could run in parallel for example -admin 1 -incr 32,
-admin 2 -incr 32, ..., -admin 32 -incr 32.

In our current parameter files, admin is always 0, thus is always multiple of
incr, and this would have no consequence.

However in cadofactor.py when we cut [admin, admax] in intervals of length
adrange, we would have to make sure that the start of each interval equals
admin mod incr.

Opinions?

Paul