[Cado-nfs-discuss] (no subject)

John Waltos jwaltos at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 06:21:05 CEST 2014

I will be setting up factorizations within CADO 2.1 to obtain polynomials. The values I intend to use are from 230 digits to a top end of 600 digits. I’ll be using a 6 core computer running Mageia 4.1 with 64 G RAM and about 800G of space.

I would greatly appreciate any points on how to amend the parameter files as they cap out at 220 digits. Any pointers to a paper (s) directly addressing this would help also.

Using GGNFS on Windows 7 last year, I was able to obtain a polynomial for a 298 digit factorization without any tweaks. It’s not pretty but is posted on the Mersenne forum.

Thank you for any assistance.

Very nice work!

Sent from Windows Mail