[Cado-nfs-discuss] What to do after a crash?

Alexander Kruppa alexander.kruppa at inria.fr
Tue Sep 16 11:33:20 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----

There should be more files in the working directory than your "ls" command shows.
It is possible that a system housekeeping job has deleted some files in /tmp/.

The first thing I'd do is copy the contents of /tmp/cado.PgpD3dAfkM/c154.upload/
to somewhere safe; those files include the siever output files which are the most
computationally expensive part of the factorization.

Can you please send me the output of
cd /tmp/cado.PgpD3dAfkM/c154.upload/; ls
so I can tell which files may have been deleted and which remain? If any
substantial number of files survived, we can start a new factorization
and import the already existing files; if no or very few files remain,
I'm afraid the only real option is to start over from scratch.

Alex