[Cado-nfs-discuss] change of semantics of -admin and -incr

Zimmermann Paul Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Tue Sep 16 23:21:33 CEST 2014

> Sorry for the very late follow-up on this.
>
> By forcing a_d to be a multiple of e.g. 210, we are forcing some good
> root properties at inifinity.
>
> Are you saying that the induced benefit is minimal, to the point that
> we should not do that ?

no, I was not clear enough. If you want one polyselect job to process
odd multiples of 210, while another one processes even multiple of 210,
it would be possible with the proposed new behaviour, with:

job 1: -admin 210 -incr 420 will process 210, 630, 1050, ...
job 2: -admin 420 -incr 420 will process 420, 840, 1260, ...

This is not possible with the current code, since job 1 would round up
admin to a multiple of incr=420, thus 420, and would thus process the same
values as job 2.

Paul