[Cado-nfs-discuss] Filter Parallelization

Wilson, Andrew K. Andrew.Wilson at noblis.org
Thu Jul 23 20:09:32 CEST 2015

Hello!

My name is Andrew Wilson. I am a data scientist in the Big Data Lab at Noblis<http://www.noblis.org/>. We are currently implementing CADO 2.1.1 in a client project and needed to parallelize the filtering steps (among others). I noticed on your website that it was an "ongoing work" and that it currently "is not parallel." Is this near finished or in progress? If not, could you give me a few pointers on how to parallelize this code?

I noticed the switch for force-posix-threads in all of the source files and tried using this but didn't see any performance improvements. I assume, then, that this is the in progress work?

Thanks for your time. I look forward to your response.

Andrew K. Wilson
Junior Data Scientist

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CFC140.E6C03E60]
Big Data Lab