[Cado-nfs-discuss] MPI Capability for Linear Algebra

Emmanuel Thomé Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr
Wed Jun 10 17:47:07 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:36:57AM -0400, egavro at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to execute the Linear Algebra step using MPI. I apologize if
> I'm missing the documentation about this, but I can't find it. Any
> assistance would be appreciated.

Hi,

Clearly the documentation status lies somewhere between absurdly scarce
and totally lacking. My fault.

There are some bits here:

    linalg/bwc/README

Some additional scheduler-specific bits and pieces (consider them as
example documentation status only -- none are part of regular tests):
    OAR : ./scripts/cluster/bwc-cluster-oar.sh
    openpbs/torque : linalg/bwc/README.TORQUE
    Oracle SGE : scripts/cluster/sge-linalg.pl

If you intend to only use one sequence, it's not very difficult. If you
want to do several sequences, you have to split the :complete meta-step
into several, and run them at the appropriate moments. This also works,
but requires you to know a bit what you're doing.

Which scheduler, and which MPI library are you using ?

E.