[Cado-nfs-discuss] cado-nfs-2.1.1 crash during filtering

Emmanuel Thomé Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr
Sat Jun 13 22:46:14 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 08:37:24PM +0200, Paul Zimmermann wrote:
> > I thought omitting this step would simply lead to extra time spent
> > removing duplicates, not a program crash.  Incidentally, is that a typo
> > in scripts/cadofactor/README: is tasks.sieve.sieving.qmin supposed to
> > be tasks.sieve.qmin?
>
> tasks.sieve.sieving.qmin seems to work, but tasks.sieve.qmin is simpler indeed.

well, the parameters are set up hierarchically. Unless I'm mistaken,
tasks.sieve.sieving.qmin is where this parameter really is in the
hierarchy, but you may as well use any of the coarser settings:
    tasks.sieve.qmin
    tasks.qmin

if there were other programs obeying a qmin parameter, this would make a
difference. I'm pretty sure there's none.

To me, it's best if the documentation gives the most accurate information
(namely, tasks.sieve.sieving.qmin), even if it's verbose.