[Cado-nfs-discuss] A question on CADO-NFS 2.1

narges mousavi mousavi.nrgs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:13:32 CEST 2015

To whom it may concern,

According to the results mentioned in the main page of CADO-NFS
<http://cado-nfs.gforge.inria.fr/> (Features subsection), can we say
CADO-NFS 2.1 is two times faster than CADO-NFS 1.1? If so, can we refer to
this result for larger numbers or not?

As the second question, we had set of factorizations on large numbers with
CADO-NFS 1.1 and overally got more better results than the reported results
that are shown in the CADO-NFS's site (more than 6 times faster). We can
not find out what's the main reason of this different performances. Our
test bed features are as the following:

- Intel  Xeon  X7560  2.27GHz  ,   4cpu*8*2 thr = 64 core (we used 60
threads)
- 25MB cache, 64GB RAM

Best Regards,
Narges