[Cado-nfs-discuss] Statistic Visualization

GrĂ¼ninger, Micha Micha.Grueninger at alumni.fh-aachen.de
Sun Jan 1 23:26:56 CET 2017

Hey guys,

I have written some scripts to visualize progress and participation. Of course, the scripts are not perfect, but they work for me yet, and I think they are a good start. If you want to see it in action visit: http://149.201.240.24/ . Since you shared your cool program, I think it is just fair to share my work. It consists of these three files:

  *   data_eta.php: Reads the log, extracts and process information about the ETA. Saves it to a file that needs to be shared by a webserver.
  *   data_list_wus.php: Extract information from a SQLite3 DB, process it and saves it to a file that needs to be shared by a webserver.
  *   index.html: Takes to output file of the 2 previous scripts and visualize them. Needs to be shared by a webserver. This is the file the user sees.

Some words about the example page:
We are a group of students at FH-Aachen, and we are factoring a 200-digit number. We computed the polynomal selection with the GPU-version of Msieve, and are now using cadonfs for the second Step. Because our server crashed several times we have slumps in the ETA at the 23 and 29 December.

I see that it is not optimal that I used PHP to code the data generation scripts, because users must install another interpreter to use them. Feel free to convert them to another script language, if that bothers you.

I attached the files.

Greetings

Micha GrĂ¼ninger

Team Rocket