[Cado-nfs-discuss] Using cado-nfs to DLP a p270

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.nz
Sat Jun 10 00:25:02 CEST 2017

I'm not 100% sure if I am doing the right thing so I thought I would ask
here to confirm.

I'm looking to factor a p270 with a fixed generator.

P 12824716....
G 2
Y 8990799.....

So if I was going to set this up in cado-nfs I would need to do the
following

under the parameters/dlp directory copy params.p2dd20 to params.p2dd270

Then the command line I would use would be:

./cado-nfs.py 12824716...  -dlp -ell 8990799..  -gfpext 2

And see if any primes come out of factoring the prime and then sieve the
ell.

Or am I misunderstanding how I would achieve this as I am not sure how I
would setup the hints if I wasn't using the gfpext = 2 which is the
generator value.

Cheers

Peter