[Cado-nfs-discuss] Where is a log of completed jobs?

paul zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Tue Feb 6 07:41:51 CET 2018

       Mike,

> From: Mike Curtis <vbcurtis at gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 19:57:05 -0800
>
> My machine completed a multi-day factorization while I was at work, and then
> rebooted unexpectedly. CADO cleans up the working directory after it
> finishes, so I can find no information about the factors found. Is there a
> log kept in a non-temporary location?
>
> If not, might you consider a simple permanent log of input number and output
> factors? Better, include the summary CADO presently outputs to terminal when
> it completes a job (time spent on poly select, sieve, LA, overall are
> specific items I am interested in; Q-range sieved would be nice too).
>
> -Mike Curtis

you already have 2 solutions to this problem:

1) use CADO_DEBUG=true, which will prevent the working directory to be
   removed (of course you should also avoid using /tmp/xxx in case you
   anticipate your machine will reboot and erase everything in /tmp)

2) launch your cado-nfs.py command inside a screen or script command,
   to keep a copy of all its output

Best regards,
Paul