[Cado-nfs-discuss] Cado-nfs-discuss Digest, Vol 73, Issue 5

canny georgina cannysiska at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:01:22 CEST 2018


Sorry if my explanation before isn't so clear, what i don't understand
about the ETA printed is that,
when I tried to calculate the duration of the relation collection (the
timing of each percent), i need the subtraction of the "before and after"
of every percent given in sieving process.
What i'm confused is when i found something like this:

> Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_850000-860000 as
> ok (1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 09:04:34 2018)
> Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> c110_sieving_870000-880000 to client localhost+2
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_970000-980000 to
database
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1637 relations in
> '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.840000-850000.v1ui6tyl.gz', total
> is now 58727/4528085
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_840000-850000 as
> ok (*1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 01:40:07 2018*)
> Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> c110_sieving_880000-890000 to client localhost+2
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_980000-990000 to
database
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1448 relations in
> '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.870000-880000.agv7ct5i.gz', total
> is now 60175/4528085
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_870000-880000 as
> ok *(1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 07:43:21 2018)*
> Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> c110_sieving_890000-900000 to client localhost
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_990000-1000000 to
database
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1574 relations in
> '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.860000-870000.xh_e7goz.gz', total
> is now 61749/4528085
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_860000-870000 as
> ok (*1.4% => ETA Tue Jul 17 01:58:11 2018*)
> Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> c110_sieving_900000-910000 to client localhost+2
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_1000000-1010000 to
database
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1663 relations in
> '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.880000-890000.2qykhi8e.gz', total
> is now 63412/4528085
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_880000-890000 as
> ok (*1.4% => ETA Tue Jul 17 04:24:17 2018)*
> Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> c110_sieving_910000-920000 to client localhost
> Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_1010000-1020000 to
database

when i tried to somewhat compute what time it took from (for example 1.3%
to 1.4%), im confused since what the ETA shows is weird (for me).
when I collect them all just like this:
> ok (*1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 01:40:07 2018*)
> ok *(1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 07:43:21 2018)*
> ok (*1.4% => ETA Tue Jul 17 01:58:11 2018*)
> ok (*1.4% => ETA Tue Jul 17 04:24:17 2018)*
 i'm confused about how to compute it when it's *01:40:07 ** going forward
to this hour **( 07:43:21) and backward at this  hour ( 01:58:11) and going
forward again at this hour ( 04:24:17)*

*Thank you*

2018-07-09 17:00 GMT+07:00 <cado-nfs-discuss-request at lists.gforge.inria.fr>:

> Send Cado-nfs-discuss mailing list submissions to
>         cado-nfs-discuss at lists.gforge.inria.fr
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://lists.gforge.inria.fr/mailman/listinfo/cado-nfs-discuss
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         cado-nfs-discuss-request at lists.gforge.inria.fr
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         cado-nfs-discuss-owner at lists.gforge.inria.fr
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Cado-nfs-discuss digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: [Question] regarding the lattice sieving ETA information
>       (Emmanuel Thomé)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 16:56:09 +0200
> From: Emmanuel Thomé <Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr>
> To: cado-nfs-discuss at lists.gforge.inria.fr
> Subject: Re: [Cado-nfs-discuss] [Question] regarding the lattice
>         sieving ETA information
> Message-ID: <20180708145608.GJ23684 at chocolat.lan>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> As a general rule, ETAs given in cado-nfs are quite fragile.
>
> Now, in your test, you're only 1.5% through your computation. You observe
> that the printed ETA still fluctuates by some hours, around a time that
> is more than 10 days in the future. I don't see that as a problem.
>
> Or maybe I misunderstood what you think could be a misbehaviour.
>
> E.
>
> On Sun, Jul 08, 2018 at 12:00:50PM +0700, canny georgina wrote:
> > Hi, I start to collect information regarding the lattice sieving
> > process done by cado-nfs using the information provided  by ETA (I
> > think).
> >
> > So, what I see is that the inconsistent timing information within the
> > ETA printed there. What I see is something like this:
> >
> >  Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1690 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.500000-510000.s9ceyoog.gz', total
> > is now 1690/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_500000-510000 as
> > ok (0.0% => ETA Unknown)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_530000-540000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_630000-640000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1744 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.510000-520000.oehik8tu.gz', total
> > is now 3434/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_510000-520000 as
> > ok (0.1% => ETA Mon Aug  6 12:38:24 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_540000-550000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_640000-650000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1780 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.520000-530000.qbputh3d.gz', total
> > is now 5214/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_520000-530000 as
> > ok (0.1% => ETA Tue Jul 31 07:12:02 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_550000-560000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_650000-660000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1740 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.530000-540000.werm4cwd.gz', total
> > is now 6954/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_530000-540000 as
> > ok (0.2% => ETA Mon Jul 23 02:32:21 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_560000-570000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_660000-670000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1608 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.540000-550000.5_sa3_hd.gz', total
> > is now 8562/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_540000-550000 as
> > ok (0.2% => ETA Mon Jul 23 21:13:38 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_570000-580000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_670000-680000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1689 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.550000-560000.4b4jjy4z.gz', total
> > is now 10251/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_550000-560000 as
> > ok (0.2% => ETA Fri Jul 20 11:53:13 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_580000-590000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1750 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.560000-570000._w9zo_km.gz', total
> > is now 12001/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_560000-570000 as
> > ok (0.3% => ETA Sat Jul 21 10:10:17 2018)
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_680000-690000 to
> database
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_590000-600000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_690000-700000 to
> database
> >
> > What i'm confused about is that the ETA printed something like this
> first:
> > (0.1% => ETA Mon Aug  6 12:38:24 2018)
> > then something like this:
> > (0.1% => ETA Tue Jul 31 07:12:02 2018)
> > (0.2% => ETA Mon Jul 23 02:32:21 2018)
> > (0.2% => ETA Mon Jul 23 21:13:38 2018)
> > (0.2% => ETA Fri Jul 20 11:53:13 2018)
> > (0.3% => ETA Sat Jul 21 10:10:17 2018)
> > (0.3% => ETA Thu Jul 19 09:26:08 2018)
> > and so on..
> >
> >
> > and as for when the ETA finally printed the quite constant date, (for
> > july 17 provided below, the timing is a bit odd (well, I mean the time
> > is counted down) just like this:
> >
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1577 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.820000-830000.mq5pia5d.gz', total
> > is now 54121/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_820000-830000 as
> > ok (1.2% => ETA Tue Jul 17 09:21:16 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_850000-860000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_950000-960000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1479 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.830000-840000.j92ydqyn.gz', total
> > is now 55600/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_830000-840000 as
> > ok (1.2% => ETA Tue Jul 17 03:08:12 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_860000-870000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_960000-970000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1490 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.850000-860000.nfpmlbqz.gz', total
> > is now 57090/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_850000-860000 as
> > ok (1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 09:04:34 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_870000-880000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_970000-980000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1637 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.840000-850000.v1ui6tyl.gz', total
> > is now 58727/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_840000-850000 as
> > ok (1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 01:40:07 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_880000-890000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_980000-990000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1448 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.870000-880000.agv7ct5i.gz', total
> > is now 60175/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_870000-880000 as
> > ok (1.3% => ETA Tue Jul 17 07:43:21 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_890000-900000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_990000-1000000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1574 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.860000-870000.xh_e7goz.gz', total
> > is now 61749/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_860000-870000 as
> > ok (1.4% => ETA Tue Jul 17 01:58:11 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_900000-910000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_1000000-1010000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1663 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.880000-890000.2qykhi8e.gz', total
> > is now 63412/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_880000-890000 as
> > ok (1.4% => ETA Tue Jul 17 04:24:17 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_910000-920000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_1010000-1020000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1421 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.890000-900000.23o7g0ep.gz', total
> > is now 64833/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_890000-900000 as
> > ok (1.4% => ETA Mon Jul 16 22:57:15 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_920000-930000 to client localhost+2
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_1020000-1030000 to
> database
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Found 1467 relations in
> > '/tmp/cado.zs0d59rj/c110.upload/c110.900000-910000.7sci4ui_.gz', total
> > is now 66300/4528085
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Marking workunit c110_sieving_900000-910000 as
> > ok (1.5% => ETA Tue Jul 17 02:04:41 2018)
> > Info:HTTP server: 127.0.0.1 Sending workunit
> > c110_sieving_930000-940000 to client localhost
> > Info:Lattice Sieving: Adding workunit c110_sieving_1030000-1040000 to
> database
> >
> > I don't know but maybe i'm reading it the wrong way or is there
> > something that I miss for this?
> >
> > Thank you
> > _______________________________________________
> > Cado-nfs-discuss mailing list
> > Cado-nfs-discuss at lists.gforge.inria.fr
> > https://lists.gforge.inria.fr/mailman/listinfo/cado-nfs-discuss
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Cado-nfs-discuss mailing list
> Cado-nfs-discuss at lists.gforge.inria.fr
> https://lists.gforge.inria.fr/mailman/listinfo/cado-nfs-discuss
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Cado-nfs-discuss Digest, Vol 73, Issue 5
> ***********************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/cado-nfs-discuss/attachments/20180710/82b80191/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Cado-nfs-discuss mailing list