[Cado-nfs-discuss] Arguments to produce hintfile

Pierrick Gaudry pierrick.gaudry at loria.fr
Mon Jul 30 08:10:03 CEST 2018

Hi,

Tools and documentation for the hint-file are more or less all obsolete,
because the descent binary is now much more clever than before.

If I remember correctly, the hint files were written by hand, except for
the columns 2 and 3 for which the helper script was run. But setting 1.0
and 1.0 for these two columns shouldn't hurt much in terms of
performance.

I might work on this in the not too far future : I wouldn't be surprised
if nowadays this hint file can be reduced to almost nothing. In the
meantime, I suggest you try to imitate what's in the other hint files.

Regards,
Pierrick