[Cado-nfs-discuss] C180 Issues

Emmanuel Thomé Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr
Wed Mar 7 08:58:11 CET 2018

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 08:55:06AM +0100, Paul Zimmermann wrote:
> About issue 2), this is normal. What happens is that the bkmult parameter is
> dynamically adjusted if too small. Maybe the warning message is too verbose.

Yes.

It's true that ending up with bkmult that high is an indication that
something fishy is going on. But that's not something peculiar with your
experiment right now. It's an oddity we observe on other occasions.
(Theoretically, we would hope that bkmult close to 1 would be enough: 2.5
seems clearly way off.)