[Cado-nfs-discuss] q list

Pierrick Gaudry pierrick.gaudry at loria.fr
Mon Mar 12 08:02:21 CET 2018

Hi,

In the parameter files you'll find the lower end of the list of special-q
used for each size. For instance, for a 120-digit number, looking in
  parameters/factor/params.c120
you'll see
  tasks.sieve.qmin = 1000000

If this parameter is not given, then the default is to use the value of
lim1 as qmin.

For the upper end (that we could call qmax), it is not found in the
parameter files, because cado-nfs will run the sieve until enough
relations have been found to produce a matrix. There is no simple way to
deduce it, apart from running some sieving on a few special-q and try to
estimate the number of relations a given upper bound would yield.

Regards,
Pierrick