[Cado-nfs-discuss] RSA-180 Successfully Completed

ROBERT DUCHATEAU rjd1212 at cox.net
Sat Mar 24 02:21:15 CET 2018

Dear Paul,

1) The reason I factored the previously factored, RSA-180 was because I initially wanted to test the robustness of the program after previously factoring RSA-130 through RSA-170 successfully. Unfortunately, when I got around running RSA-180, I had issues with the official cado-nfs-2.3.0 release. In fact, I had previously ran that very same RSA number 3 times only to have unexpected crashes in the sieving portion, or in the merging phase. That's when I decided to use one of the git versions - which proved to be successful.

2) Re: Danilov/Popovyan poly file - No, unfortunately I overlooked that optimized Danilov/Popovyan poly file for RSA-180, which is currently in the parameters/polynomials directory of the git version, but not in the official cado-nfs-2.3.0 release.

Instead, I used the c180 non RSA poly file. My bad.

Best Regards,

RJD