[Cado-nfs-discuss] problem while factoring RSA-129

paul zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Tue Mar 27 14:34:18 CEST 2018

       Roberto,

>  Just to be sure, did you check that all the files that this command is
>  trying to access are indeed present in the working directory ?
>
> Yes, they are all present. (The /tmp directory contains 75 .gz files, while
> c130.dup1.filelist.1 contains 74 files).

did you try with revision 5a17a43 as advised by Emmanuel?

What happens if you run manually the line "... antebuffer 24 ..." in c130.dup1.stderr.1,
with the final "| gzip -dc -" ? (Maybe redirecting the output to /dev/null.)

Same question by replacing "... antebuffer 24" by "zcat", and removing
the final "| gzip -dc -".

It might be that one of the .gz files is corrupted.

>  The policy of the system regarding the automatic clean-up of /tmp can
>  vary, but in any case, files in there are not guaranteed to stay for
>  long. For a factorization that takes a bit long, it is better to use a
>  working directory in a more persistent place.
>
> How can I change the working directory?

simply with cado-nfs.py ... workdir=...

Paul Zimmermann