[Cado-nfs-discuss] commit rights to cado-nfs repository

Emmanuel Thomé Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr
Tue Sep 3 16:06:35 CEST 2019

Hi,

Someone, whom I don't know, has just requested commit rights to the
cado-nfs repository.

The gforge system that inria (still) uses is so badly designed that I
have nothing to identify that person beyond his/her pseudo. In particular
no contact e-mail. (the mail I got came from noreply@ ...).

Assuming this person reads cado-nfs-discuss, here are two thoughts.

 - I'm not keen on providing commit rights to someone before having an
   idea of what he/she is (capable of) doing and planning to do. On the
   other hand, it is perfectly fine for someone to push things on a
   github repo, and then we can pull stuff from there. This latter option
   is in fact much preferred.

 - I hope that we can find time someday to move (as orderly as we can) to
   another hosting platform, because gforge will obviously be phased out
   eventually (when, I don't know, but I would be surprised if Inria
   continues to maintain a gforge server for more than two years from
   now). I would rather move to gitlab. This will eventually allow pull
   requests in the way it works over github.

Best regards,