[Cado-nfs-discuss] source paths are hardwired into the executables - cannot install on system

Emmanuel Thomé Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr
Fri Mar 27 00:11:31 CET 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:34:08PM +0000, Hippy Kitty wrote:
> The source paths are hardwired into the executables, so the package cannot
> be installed system-wide. It can't be moved at all, actually.
>
> Thomas

Yes, it's probably the case.

So far, we haven't found a compelling reason to address this, but I
acknowledge that it's really a misfeature. There are probably not that
many places where stuff needs to be changed, but that's still substantial
enough, to the point that I can't promise that I'll look into it anytime
soon.

A medium-term goal is to make cado-nfs easier to package for
distribution. Getting rid of these design bugs will be part of that
effort.

Best,