[Ecm-dev] Proposal from George. Literally.

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Ven 6 Mai 21:36:53 CEST 2005

   Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 21:24:14 +0200
   From: Alexander Kruppa <alexander.kruppa at mytum.de>

   http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=4074

   I think it's a splendid idea!

   Alex

[George, I answer by email since I do not read regularly mersenneforum.]

Indeed! About the k*b^n+c form, can prime95 deal with b<>2?
Recognizing such a form is easy if k=1 and b is not too large,
but for general k I have to think about it.

Also, I don't see why 2) is simpler than 1). 2) will also require to
have several optimized prime95.dll for different machines, no?

Assuming 2), for which configurations will you provide prime95 libraries?
Windows, MacOS, Linux? x86, powerpc, x86_64?

Paul