[Ecm-dev] Proposal from George. Literally.

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Lun 9 Mai 14:26:36 CEST 2005

   About licensing: if we include your code in the GMP-ECM distribution,
   we'll have to publish it under the GPL. The alternative is to have your
   code as a separate library that gets linked in if the user said so at
   ./configure time. This however would mean that the resulting binary
   could not be distributed to others.

George,

about the licensing issue, are you aware of the new GMP-ECM version?
We now distinguish between the frontend (the ecm binary) and the
library (libecm.a). The frontend is distributed under the GPL, and
the library under LGPL. If prime95/mprime is calling the library,
I guess the licensing problems go away.

Paul