[Ecm-dev] Proposal from George. Literally.

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Lun 9 Mai 21:12:09 CEST 2005

   Well the FAQ became semi-legalese and lost me.  I propose we either:

   1)  Do the incompatible libs thing if it is to everyone's liking, or
   2)  I'll create a GPL library with FFT sizes up to 1024K.  Those needing=20
   larger FFT sizes,
   can link in a non-GPL version for their personal use.

I vote for 2). By the way, to which input size does the 1024K limit
correspond? For example which Fermat number could it try to factor?
I'm sure a good ecm attack on F12-F20 could find at least one new
factor.

Paul