[Ecm-dev] sigma / starting point

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Ven 28 Avr 11:18:55 CEST 2006

> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:18:16 +0200
> From: Willemien Ekkelkamp <W.H.Ekkelkamp at cwi.nl>
>
> Paul,
>
> I've got a question on the starting point (X).
> The situation is as follows: I ran three jobs with the same
> number to factor, sigma and B1. (To test koest during step 1,
> and the difference between ntt and -no-ntt)
> All three jobs found the factor, so that is ok.
>
> In the *step1save file the last value of X is written (at B1 = 260M).
> This value is different in all three cases. Did these jobs start at
> the same X, or is the starting point random.
>
> Willemien

This is strange. If the sigma and B1 values are identical, the X values
should be the same at the end of stage 1. Can you try send me all details
necessary to reproduce the problem (version of ecm, input number, sigma, B1)?
(The -no-ntt option should make no difference, since it only affects stage 2.)

Paul