[Ecm-discuss] Issues with ecm-6.1.1.

Laurent Fousse laurent at komite.net
Jeu 20 Juil 10:17:05 CEST 2006

Hello,

I uploaded the newest release to debian, and was faced with the
following problems:

1) ecm fails to build on s390. The problem is undefined types in
longlong.h. As Torbjorn explained privately:

    DItype should be defined to a suitable type before longlong.h is
    included, as documented in the beginning of longlong.h.  For an
    example, see gmp-impl.h.

The log of the build failure is at:

    http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gmp-ecm&ver=6.1.1-1&arch=s390&stamp=1153342677&file=log&as=raw

2) ecm fails to build on hppa. The log of the build failure is at:

    http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gmp-ecm&ver=6.1.1-1&arch=hppa&stamp=1153362744&file=log&as=raw

I don't know what's causing this problem ("not enough primes in
interval") on this architecture.

3) Missing copyright lines and licensing information in most new files
(assembly files mostly).

I have a probable fix for (1), no idea for (2), and I'll let those who
added the files do the job for (3) :-)

Laurent.