[Ecm-discuss] GMP-ECM with MSVC

Brian Gladman brg at gladman.plus.com
Ven 26 Fév 15:57:50 CET 2016

On seeing a new release in progress I thought that I ought to check that
the Visual Studio build is working and, in doing so, I noticed that I
don't build the multiecm.exe from the multiecm.c file.  Is this a full
part of the GMP-ECM distribution?

I ask because I cannot build it for two reasons:

1) line 383 of multiecm.c calls prime_info_clear() with an empty
parameter list but the function requires one parameter.

2) the symbol __ecm_mpres_equal causes a link error because its
definition is 'ifdefed' out in mpmod.c

I am hence suspicious that this is not normally built and that I don't
need to build it.

I would be grateful for any advice you can offer on this.

   best regards,

     Brian