[Ecm-discuss] gmp-ecm feature request

paul zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Lun 8 Mai 10:45:37 CEST 2017

       Mike,

I agree such a feature could be useful. On the other hand there were so many
such "non mathematical" features in GMP-ECM 6, some of which were not tested,
some of which were incompatible with other features, that I decided to remove
some of them in GMP-ECM 7 to focus on the mathematical features.

Such a feature could be easily implemented with a new program (say "mix")
that would perpetually pull a random line from the input file:

$ mix input_file | ecm

If you implement such a program, and maintain it, we could distribute with
GMP-ECM.

Best regards,
Paul