[knem-devel] knem security

Mark Dixon m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 12 10:41:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm taking a look at using knem, to see if it speeds up some applications
using OpenMPI; however, the knem documentation doesn't mention anything
about its security layer, e.g. preventing memory belonging to one user or
application being read by another. This is important in our environment.

Can someone describe what the thinking is behind this, please? Is it
entirely down to the predictability of the 64bit cookie described in the
interface documentation?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK