[knem-devel] knem security

Brice Goglin Brice.Goglin at inria.fr
Fri Jul 12 13:03:25 CEST 2013

Le 12/07/2013 11:49, Mark Dixon a écrit :
> BTW, when you say Limic, do you include the latest versions of LiMIC2
> there?

Yes. Just put what you want in the RX descriptor and you'll read a
memory zone that is not the one that the sender gave. And if you're
lucky, you can even change the process task pointer and read from any
other process in the system :) (or crash in the kernel because of an
invalid process task pointer).

> So we would find per-user security *very* useful indeed - particularly
> as nodes continue to acquire cores faster than applications are
> rewritten to scale further.

I'll try to look at this for the next release, thanks for the feedback.

Brice