[Matryoshka-devel] Paper Draft - A Formal Proof of the Expressiveness of Deep Learning

Alexander Bentkamp a.bentkamp at vu.nl
Thu Apr 6 10:45:38 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I would like to share with you the draft of a paper about my master
thesis project that we will submit to ITP.

    A Formal Proof of the Expressiveness of Deep Learning
    Alexander Bentkamp, Jasmin Christian Blanchette, and Dietrich Klakow
    http://matryoshka.gforge.inria.fr/pubs/deep_learning_paper.pdf

The paper presents a formalization in Isabelle/HOL of a mathematical
result explaining the superiority of deep learning over shallow
learning. We simplified and restructured the original proof to
facilitate the formalization. The project led to the development and
extension of reusable libraries of tensors, matrices, multivariate
polynomials, and the Borel measure.

Comments are welcome, before or after the deadline (10 April).

Best regards,
Alex