[Mpc-discuss] Problems compiling src/get.c

Scott Smith scott.smith155 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 24 17:51:57 CET 2011

I'm just following the instructions from the INSTALL file for if I run into a problem.

This might be a problem related to an old compiler (gcc 3.0.3), but I was wondering if there's a workaround.  During the build process, I get the following error:

get.c: In function `mpc_get_dc':
get.c:33: `_Imaginary_I' undeclared (first use in this function)
get.c:33: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only one
get.c:33: for each function it appears in.)
get.c: In function `mpc_get_ldc':
get.c:39: `_Imaginary_I' undeclared (first use in this function)

My guess is that I'm lacking whatever it is that is supposed to define the `I' in the `return I * ...' in the two instances where it's complaining.  If that is so,  manually putting in the definition should solve the problem.  I just have no idea if my guess is correct, or if it is, what definition I should supply.

I have successfully compiled the gmp (5.0.1) and mpfr (3.0.0) packages and included their locations in the configuration process.  I am trying to build version 0.9.

Thanks,
Scott Smith