[Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 9 02:19:27 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Enge" <andreas.enge at inria.fr>
To: <mpc-discuss at lists.gforge.inria.fr>; <gcc at gnu.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 1:13 AM
Subject: [Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate

> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>   http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>   sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>
> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very
> welcome;
> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').

Builds fine ands passes all 64 tests for me on i686-pc-mingw32, though I've
tried only static builds.

32-bit:
GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.5.2

64 bit:
MPIR: include 2.5.1, lib 2.5.1
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.0

Math::MPC (perl) no longer builds against this library because of undefined
references to 'mpc_mul_2exp' and 'mpc_div_2exp'.
Looks like those functions are no longer present - which doesn't bother me
greatly.

Is there a list from which one can easily find *all* alterations that have
been made to the API ?

Cheers,
Rob