[Paradiseo-help] THANKYOU! Re: Inoltra: Re: ParadisEO --> help needed on ex1 lesson1

mattia tomasoni mattiatomasoni at yahoo.it
Jeu 3 Avr 11:21:05 CEST 2008

Thankyou
very much; problem solved!
I attach a slightly modified version of the CMakeLists.txt file (from Build-your-own-application) that sets a variable for the project name so that the user doesn't have to change it n times when altering executable name. It's nothing, but I found it useful for myself when compiling all exercises from the tutorials.

Kindest Regards,
Mattia Tomasoni
--

paradiseo-help <paradiseo-help at lists.gforge.inria.fr> ha scritto: mattia tomasoni a écrit :
> [...]
>     older version of Paradiseo when no automatic compiling of Lessons'
>     examples was available!
>     Thank you very much!
>
>     Regards,
>     Mattia Tomasoni
>     Italy
>
>     */legrand thomas /* ha scritto:
>
>         mattia tomasoni a écrit :
>         > Hallo Mr Legrand,
>         > my name is Mattia Tomasoni, italin student in Informatics.
>         > I am using and enjoying very much Paradiseo and wanted to
>         thank you
>         > and everybody that worked on that project.
>         > Unluckily, thou, I am experiencing a problem with the
>         archives of the
>         > mailing list: I wanted to view the answer to the following
>         thread.
>         >
>         http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/paradiseo-help/20070322/000004.html
>         > (You wrote the answer to that question, and that's why I am
>         contacting
>         > you!)
>         > Clicking on "Message suivant" to see the solution I read:
>         > Salut,
>         >
>         > J'ai envoyé une réponse au mail de support de Allani Abderrahim.
>         >
>         > A+,
>         > Thomas
>         > How can I have access to the support mail mentioned above?
>         > I am not just asking that question again on the mailinglist
>         because it
>         > has been asket twice already... Just I don't seem to be able
>         to figure
>         > out how to access the answer!
>         > Je vous remercie d'advance pour votre aide.
>         >
>         > Kind Regards,
>         > Mattia
>         >
>         >
>         > Inviato da Yahoo! Mail
>         > .
>         >
>         > Il servizio di posta con lo spazio illimitato.
>         Dear Mattia,
>
>         Some of the emails archived for the paradiseo-help list do not
>         appear on
>         the website. The answers may have been sent directly to the user.
>
>         If you plan to build your own application using ParadisEO,
>         there a page
>         especially designed for it :
>
>         http://paradiseo.gforge.inria.fr/index.php?n=Paradiseo.BuidMyApplication
>
>         If you need further information or help, feel free to write us at
>         paradiseo-help at lists.gforge.inria.fr and we'll try to find a
>         solution.
>
>         Best regards,
>         ParadisEO Team

>     Inviato da Yahoo! Mail
>     .
>
>     Tanti modi per restare in contatto con chi vuoi.

> *Yahoo! Mail*
> :
> gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3
Dear Mattia,

-> For the first problem:

"_I create my own mytest.cpp file modifying FirstBitGa.cpp in the
directory /paradiseo-1.1/paradiseo-eo/tutorial/Lesson1.
_I go to /paradiseo-1.1/paradiseo-eo/build/tutorial/Lesson1 and call
make getting the following output

[ 46%] Built target eoutils
[ 70%] Built target ga
[ 90%] Built target eo
[ 93%] Built target FirstBitGA
[ 96%] Built target FirstRealGA
[100%] Built target exercise1.3

No mytest.out!"

If you add a test in the ParadisEO-EO's tutorial directory, there's no
chance to compile it by simply running "make". Actually, there's no
program within ParadisEO able to detect when a cpp file is added, find
its dependencies and compile it. You have to edit the CMakeLists.txt to
define your own executable with the good dependencies. That's why we
propose the "build my simple application"  step-by-step tutorial. With
it, you should end up with your compiled program.

-> For the "generator problem":
"(CMake Error: Could not create named generator g++)"

There must be a problem when running cmake. Here are a few examples that
can be run, from the build directory, depending on the generator:

- cmake .. -G"Unix Makefiles" -Dconfig=/home/me/simpleAppli/install.cmake
- cmake .. -G"KDevelop3" -Dconfig=/home/me/simpleAppli/install.cmake
- cmake .. -G"Visual Studio 8 2005"
-Dconfig=/home/me/simpleAppli/install.cmake

Hope this helps,

Regards,
ParadisEO Team

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3