[Paradiseo-help] help with paradiseo

Jean-Charles Boisson Jean-Charles.Boisson at lifl.fr
Mer 30 Avr 08:46:41 CEST 2008

Dear Sir,

    First, thanks to have downloaded ParadisEO.

    Two solutions exist to your problem:

   1. the "install" target has not be launched in Visual Studio. This
target copies the bench directory into the right location that can only
be done after compiling the platform.

   2. Maybe the hill_climbing has right... the directory does not exist
:-) . The path to the example instance can be different on your machine
because we use a relative path. The instances are in
path_to_paradiseo/paradiseo-mo/build/tutorial/examples/tsp/benchs (after
making the target install) so you need to specify the relative path to
this directory. For example, if the hill_climbing.exe is in
"path_to_paradiseo/paradiseo-mo/build/tutorial/Lesson2", the relative
path to the Berlin52 instance is ../examples/tsp/benchs/berlin52.tsp.
You need to adapt the path to the current location of the file
hill_climbing.exe
To do easily, edit the file "param", remove the '#' at the beginning of
the line defining the relative path to the wanted instance and modify
this line. Then type "hill_climbing @param " and I think it will work.

You can also specify the relative path on the command line by typing :
hill_climbing --instancePath=path_to_my_instance.tsp

Good luck and let us know if your problem is solved.

Regards,
ParadisEO team