[Paradiseo-help] Parallel MOEO?

Windo Hutabarat whutabarat at gmail.com
Lun 5 Mai 22:19:56 CEST 2008

Dear all,

Thank you very much for giving us ParadisEO!  I am interested in MOEO,
especially the possibility of using the ParadisEO machinery to make my life
easier!

One of my main requirements, however, is to be able to perform parallel
multiobjective evaluation.  Everything with PEO and MOEO runs cleanly, so it
occurred to me that PMOEO (if you like) might be possible using existing
ParadisEO infrastructure.  I tried this by modifying the Schaffer MOEO
example into something similar to the PEO tutorial example (code attached).

Since the stock NSGA-II code does not accept peoPopEval, I used moeoEasyEA
to put an implementation of NSGA-II that do use peoPopEval.

The code looks OK (to me), compiles cleanly, and initially appears to run
well.  However, it encounters problems when it tries to harvest the result
from the slave nodes, giving a lot of this:

rank 7 in job 5 grunt_24087 caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 7: killed by signal 9

I've checked the source and header files, but I'm afraid it's not clear to
me what may have caused this.  It also occurred to me that perhaps
ParadisEO-PEO is not yet equipped to handle PMOEO.  Can somebody please set
me straight?  Any suggestion/comments would be gratefully received!

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Windo

--
Windo Hutabarat
Research Student - Engineering Design Centre, University of Cambridge