[Paradiseo-help] [PEO] Lesson 4: Parallel transformation

Clément Perrod clement.perrod at gmail.com
Mar 23 Juin 14:49:11 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:43 PM, paradiseo-help
team<paradiseo-help at lists.gforge.inria.fr> wrote:
> Dear user,
>
> I took a look at your code and seems fine to me. Indeed, the problem may
> come from your packing and unpacking functions.
> Are you sure you pack and unpack correctly? I suggest you to pack and unpack
> an individual and check that the individual has not changed. This way
> you would be absolutely sure if this is the cause of the trouble.

Ok. That's what I am trying to but how do you test the pack/unpack functions?
I thought something like:
- creation of a random solution
- write it into a file
- pack
- unpack
- write it into a file

But it seems that the pack/unpack methods need MPI to work and I tried
something like that:
- peo::init
- pack in NodeRank = 1
- unpack in NodeRank = 1
- peo::run
- peo::finalize

I tried moving the pack/unpack functions but in all the cases the
result is the same: I have nothing to unpack.

Is there any way to test the pack/unpack functions like the way I
process or do you have any idea how to test them?

Thanks,

--
Clément Perrod
EPITA 2009