[Paradiseo-help] continous variable problem

Gael Reinaudi gael at phys.columbia.edu
Mar 12 Jan 17:35:14 CET 2010

Hello,
My name is Gael Reinaudi.
I am a postdoc at the Columbia University in New York City. I am working
on a quantum mechanics experiment.
I have been admiring the ParadisEO framework for days now ! it seems to
be very complete and nicely object oriented.

I however have a bit of a hard time finding a tutorial that would show me :
     How to implement a hill climbing optimization for a simple
continuous variable problem.
     I have a blackbox function taking  N scalar as an input. I am would
start to change the tutorial about the discrete hill climbing (the QAP
problem), but I am afraid I would produce a code 10 times more
complicated than what it should be.
There must be a simple way (not customized, with less class derivation)
to plug a real valued functor.

I thank you for your time and hope to here from you soon.
Gael

--
Dr. Gael Reinaudi
tel: (646) 422-9346