[Paradiseo-help] Suggestions for Modification?

Paul MacNeil MACNEIL_PE at mercer.edu
Jeu 30 Sep 19:46:08 CEST 2010

     Immediately before evaluation in Paradiseo-EO, I need to insert a
step that modifies (normalizes) each chromosome. I could just add the
normalization step to the front of the evaluation step, but this
approach is thwarted by the chromosomes being inputted as "const" to the
evaluator in the existing code.

     The reason that I need to modify the chromosomes after crossover
and mutation but before evaluation is that a function of the gene values
is a probability density, and the total probability must sum (integrate)
to 1.0. Without satisfying this condition, the results of the fitness
calculations are meaningless.

     Thanks for any suggestions for a clean approach to inserting this
functionality.

         Paul

Paul E. MacNeil, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Software Engineering Graduate Chair
School of Engineering
Mercer University
1400 Coleman Avenue
Macon, Georgia 31207
voice: (478) 301-2185
fax: (478) 301-2732
email: macneil_pe at mercer.edu
http://faculty.mercer.edu/macneil_pe/SSEWeb/index.htm
http://engineering.mercer.edu/academics/gradpgms_sess.htm
http://www.paulemacneil.com/

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." - Seneca the Younger