[Paradiseo-help] Minimization problems in Paradiseo-MO

Sebastien Verel verel at i3s.unice.fr
Mar 20 Nov 10:08:30 CET 2012

Dear Manuel,

MO library is based on the principles of EO library.

To minimize, you have to replace the fitness type, for example
"double", by "eoMinimizingFitness". Then, all the comparison operators
are defined according to minimization (operator<, etc.). Please, find
some details in the EO tutorial Lesson 2, exercice 1 :
http://eodev.sourceforge.net/eo/tutorial/html/eoLesson2.html#Execrise1
and in the documentation in the class eoScalarFitness

Another example. Imagine that your problem is a bit string problem
with fitness type "double" and the neighborhood is the 1 bit-flip.
Then, following the lesson 1 of the MO tutorial, we have defined the
following typedef:
typedef eoBit< double > Indi;
typedef moBitNeighbor< double > Neighbor ;

If you want to minimize, replace "double" by "eoMinimizingFitness":
typedef eoBit< eoMinimizingFitness > Indi;
typedef moBitNeighbor< eoMinimizingFitness > Neighbor ;

If you want to go further with comparison in MO, we have explicitly
introduced some classes to handle comparisons. See the documentation
on moComparator :
http://paradiseo.gforge.inria.fr/addon/mo/doc/a00025.html

 Have fun !
Sébastien