[Paradiseo-help] [Paradiseo-users] Support for Constrained Multiobjective Optimization

Arnaud Liefooghe arnaud.liefooghe at univ-lille1.fr
Mer 5 Déc 14:49:56 CET 2012

Hello,

Unfortunately, Paradiseo does not provide (yet) any explicit way of handling constraints in multiobjective optimization.

However, I see two options to manage this:

1) The simplest one:
Penalize the solution at the evaluation step (in your own problem-specific eoEvalFunc object)

2) A more tricky one:
Develop a new "comparator" (see, eg, moeoObjectiveVectorComparator) that takes constraints into account.
For instance, solution A is dominated by solution B, if:
   - both are feasible and one dominates the other in the Pareto sense
   - none are feasible and one dominates the other in the Pareto sense
   - A is feasible and B is not
This would possibly allow you to use any Pareto-based approach (eg, NSGA-II) in combination with a constraint-handling approach.

Best,
Arnaud