[Paradiseo-help] Hybridization of NSGA-II with Local search (Stochastic Hill Climber) procedure

Nuno Leite nleite at cc.isel.ipl.pt
Ven 22 Mar 16:56:52 CET 2013

Hi ParadisEO team,

I'm a PhD student from Lisbon, Portugal, and I'm using your framework
ParadisEO for multiobjective optimization.

Hi have the following implementation problem:

- I'm using framework's NSGA-II to solve a *bi-objective* optimization
problem
- Now, I want to hybridize NSGA-II with a local search metaheuristic,
namely, Stochastic Local Search (SHC), in order to optimize some chosen
solutions but considering just one of the objectives (*single objective
optimization*).

How can I do this?

My problem is that the NSGA-II evaluation function considers the 2
objectives but in the SHC I must consider only one objective. Can I do
this just by parametrize the eval functions in the algorithms or should
I create a Single Objective EO from the 2-Objective MOEO and optimize
the transformed solutions with SHC and convert back in the end,
inserting the improved (transformed from EO solutions) solutions again
in the NSGA-II population?

Thank you in advance.

--
Kind regards,