[Paradiseo-help] [Paradiseo-users] Correct use of moeoObjectiveVectorTraits

Johann Dréo johann at dreo.fr
Mer 24 Avr 19:02:51 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Christoph Redecker <
redecker at avrbeginners.net> wrote:
> Basically, all eo functions (init, eval, mutations) need to know almost
all of this information. I pass a reference to the config to each function
constructor.
> I feel fine about this because I know where the information comes from
and where it goes.

This is a good design, unless you want to go shared-memory parallel. For
instance, if the eval call depends on the config reference, performances
may decrease a lot with OpenMP (better use the eompi module).

> I'm not so confident about the traits, because I'm not too familiar with
paradisEO yet. The answers I received so far indicate that I'm on the right
track.

Technically, there is no big difference between objective traits, MOEO or
your EOT, as everything ends being in the EOT.
This is just a question of semantic and readability.

--
Johann