[Paradiseo-help] [Paradiseo-users] About constrained NSGA-II

Christoph Redecker redecker at avrbeginners.net
Mer 1 Mai 11:35:16 CEST 2013

Am 01.05.2013 11:00, schrieb mustapha reda senouci:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm using Paradiseo-MOEO to solve a non linear constrained
> multi-objective problem. I have decided to exploit the NSGA-II
> implementation. Plz, I want to know if there is a way to handle the
> constraints by using the constrained NSGA-II. In fact, I take a look to
> the source code of NSGA-II and it seems that this feature is not
> supported in the current implementation.
>
> Regards and thanks,
>
> Senouci

Hi,

first thing: I don't have much experience with ParadisEO in general and
the NSGA-II in particular as I'm currently developing my first
ParadisEO-based application.

What is constrained in your problem? The gene values or the result
values? If it's the gene values, you can code the constraints into the
gene type (it's C++, after all: you can customize all operators and
apply limits). If the objective values must be constrained, you can
examine the neighborhood of a newly constructed individual for "allowed"
solutions.

I'm sure others can give better advice, though.

Regards

Christoph