[Paradiseo-help] Printing the best individual in the population in each generation

Abdol, Amir Masoud A.M.Abdol at uva.nl
Jeu 11 Déc 14:18:44 CET 2014

Hi,

I’m trying to find a way to print the best individual, not just it’s fitness. I know that I can access it with pop.best_element() and if I wanted to print the parameters of it.

I tried to inherit from eoStat to have access to the population and return the best_element to the monitor but the value has to be using eoStat<EOT, typename EOT::Fitness>::value; which doesn’t allow me to return eoReal. I’ve also tried to use eoState and registering pop.best_element() to it but it’s not possible since eoReal is not eoPrintable.

My last option is to inherit from eoStat and directly write the best pop into a file without returning anything to the Checkpointer but this is not a very clean solution. Is there any other way that I do that?

Cheers,

Amir.